Oh my lanta you guys, last week I went to a live taping of Fuller House! I know, super jealous. I'm not afraid to admit that not only did I love Full House as a child but I now love Fuller House as an adult. Is it the best show on TV (well, Netflix)? No. But it's the silliest, sometimes cheesiest, heartwarming show that the entire family can enjoy. And for us TGIF 90's kids who grew up wanting a golden retriever so we could name him Comet, this is the perfect show to relive some of those nostalgic memories.
And...not only was I able to go to a taping, but I was able to go to the Halloween episode taping! I won't spill any beans but I will say it's filled with zombies, brains, and bears, oh my! A tiny bit of me is sad my Halloween-aholic husband didn't get to see it live but...he was the one who got me the ticket!
Wanna hear all about my experience at the taping? You got it dude!
16 Things to Know Before Going to a Fuller House Taping:
1. No phones in the studio. How rude. You have to bring a friend, a book, or socialize with strangers (*gasp*). Tip: You CAN bring it with you in the audience holding area and when walking through the WB lot. They won't tell you that though.
2. You will not have an opportunity to pee for hours. If you are lucky enough, you will be provided craft services during the middle of taping. Eat the food, not the water. No joke, I pee'd my pants a little.
3. Ladies, I know you are going to want to wear a cute halter and mini skirt in hopes that John Stamos will ask you out after the taping (have mercy), but don't. Wear warm, comfy clothes. The studio is freezing. And the hair you will grow on your legs because it's so cold, is not cute. John Stamos doesn't want that.
4. Practice your laugh. They record the audience for the laugh track and the best, most genuine laughs get prizes! They gave out Coldstone, Netflix, and Starbucks gift cards. Plus candy and a Halloween bucket signed by the cast! I didn't win anything. I don't know why. My laugh is a winner. Maybe too good.
5. Expect to be star struck...or not. Mostly, I was not. The cast were the most normal people ever. Hanging out with the audience between takes, taking selfies and uploading them to instragram mid taping, having Justin Timberlake dance parties before the show, etc. I was, however, star struck by Jeff Franklin (Full House and Fuller House creator) Marsh McCall (producer, also directed this episode) and Joanna Kerns (best known for Growing Pains - she was observing the taping).
6. Stars, they're just like us! Even these actors who have been performing since they were in diapers forget lines. Did you know I kind of love when actors forget their lines? Forgetting lines = normal. Michael Campion (plays Jackson Fuller) was the most "normal".
7. Prepare to die over Elias Harger (plays Max Fuller) and his cuteness. This kid was BORN to do what he does. His comedic timing and energy is contagious. He's got more wiggles than any kid I've seen though and getting him in place was a group effort by the entire cast and crew.
8. Holy chalupas it takes takes a village to put together a 30 minute sitcom! I've been to a few sets but there were at least 50 visible crew members on this one (makeup, hair, directors, writers, production assistants, etc.).
9. Before the taping begins, the audience, cast, and crew watch an episode from the first season. I absolutely loved that they did this. It got you excited and set the mood for the rest of the day. It also kept you occupied while some of the crew were still setting up scenes/finding Elias Harger.
10. Think sitting in the audience for 4+ hours for a 30 minute show with 3-4 takes for each scene is boring? No worries, it's not! Audience performer Ron Pearson is incredible! I do not exaggerate when I say you will pee your pants watching him. This guy is a master at what he does. Even the cast and crew would often stop what they were doing to watch him perform.
11. Expect twins Dashiell and Fox Messitt (both play Tommy Fuller) to climb out of their stroller while Candance struggles to buckle them in. Also expect the dog that plays the role of Cosmo to run off the stage toward the food. Working with babies and dogs...real life.
12. To get to Stage 24 (where they film) you will walk through a large portion of the WB lot. You will walk by Conan's stage, Big Bang Theory's stage, and Pretty Little Liar's stage. It's a long walk to get to Fuller House's stage, don't wear your stilettos. Even though you may want to for Juan Pablo Di Pace (plays Fernando).
13. Half of the audience thinks they are comedians. Some not funny at all, some hilarious! I'm pretty sure singer Josh Olsen had proposals after the show after singing the National Anthem and 10 year old child actor (I'm assuming she was an actor), will tell you Trump jokes. They were goodies.
14. You won't be confused. They shoot in chronological order. Unlike most shows where scenes are shot out of order. Also, the set is exactly as it seems. Tanner/Fuller living room > kitchen > backyard. The Katsopolis/Gibbler attic is in another area of the stage though.
15. The Tanner couch is the smallest couch in the world. No really. The actors must be the skinniest most tiny humans ever to fit on it.
16. Want to get things signed afterword? No problemo! The pages will tell you it's not allowed but...the entire cast will come out after bows for you. Even Jodi Sweetin, despite being covered in zombie makeup (spoiler!)
Doesn't this make you want to go to a taping like now?! It makes me want to go again, and again. Thank you to my husband for getting the tickets, watching the babies, and letting me have an amazing me day to re-charge.
Adios Tanneritos!