Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Royal Family Trick-Or-Treating: Halloween 2016 Recapped

I say it every year, but holidays really are so much more fun with kids. And this year was no exception.




Last night, like millions of other children across the country, my kids went trick-or-treating. This year was exceptionally special I felt because I had two fully mobile kids (Eleanor started walking ON Halloween last year). Eleanor proudly wore her Aurora dress, while she followed her sister to each door, softly said "trick-or-treat" and held out her orange bucket. Guys, it was the most adorable. It took her a few houses to really get the hang of it, but after she realized she wasn't supposed to go IN the houses (Why did I stop her? I'm super curious what all my neighbors homes look like), she was awesome! And then there is my usually shy and timid Kenley who killed it with every house as she loudly proclaimed "trick-or-treat!" as soon as she heard the door start to turn. Towards the end of the night she told us she didn't need us anymore (tear) and wanted to go to the doors herself. It was the sweetest thing watching her in her Elena dress squeeze through the towering 11 and 12 year old werewolves and bloody fairies.

This Halloween was definitely one for the books. We live in an awesome neighborhood with tons of participating houses that aren't too scary or overwhelming for small trick-or-treaters. I won't lie though, one of these years we are making the 5 minute trek down the street where the homes in Toluca Lake Estates give out WINE to the parents of trick-or-treaters. What?! How did I just now find out about this?

Oh, and Kenley (like she does every year), chose our costumes. She went as Princess Elena of Avalor, Eleanor was Princess Aurora, I was Princess Snow White, and daddy was our "Storybook Prince" (no really, that is what his costume said). *Side note: I ran into Molly Shannon (?!) picking up my costume.

Halloween 2016 in Photos

3 Princesses. 

My favorite royals. 

(photo by a four year old)

Attempted royal family selfie.

Let's do this! Crocs & Chucks, princess staples

House number ONE!

Love them and their little shadows.

My favorite part about this photo is the girl who is clearly like "When can WE go trick-or-treating?!"

We played by the rules but seriously you guys, this was likely gone 5 minutes later. They were clearly down the street drinking wine.

Sleepy Beauty getting prince snuggles.

And they're off again!

Miss Elena's LOOT! And this was in under an hour at a fraction of the houses.

Getting the sugar high started.

We hope you all had a safe and happy Halloween!