This Spring is extra special and emotional for me because it's Kenley's last spring at home before she starts Kindergarten. Aaahhh! Eleanor will still be at home to go on adventures with, but Kenley will only be able to join in on the weekends. And weekends are crowded and less fun and usually more expensive. Hoping this Spring is the best, because Kenley is the best! Oh, and Eleanor is the best too.
Most of these are in and around Los Angeles but I'm sure you can find a duck wherever you are located.
Simpson's Spring Bucket List 2017
1. Feed Some Ducks - Apparently the best place for this is at Cal State Northridge. Please also note, NO feeding the ducks at Lake Balboa!
2. Lake Balboa Paddle Boats - We've been to Lake Balboa a million times but this is the first year Eleanor will be able to go on a paddle boat!
3. Go on a Hike - Last year we learned that Kenley is deathly afraid of bugs and I am deathly afraid of snakes. Who knew?! Hoping this year we can brave the great outdoors.
4. Huntington Gardens - The most beautiful gardens in all of Los Angeles with the cutest garden for kids.
5. Descanso Gardens - Another fun garden with a children's maze, train ride, storytime, and a hidden stage that my artsy fartsy kids like to perform shows on.
6. Underwood Family Farms Easter Festival - If you've never been, you only have a few days left! See last weeks BLOG POST about my tips and tricks and why you must go.
7. Kidspace - An awesome kids museum in Pasadena. We haven't been in years and I'm dying to see the new Arroyo Adventure exhibit.
8. Caterpillar Adoption - We didn't do this last year because Kenley was afraid bugs. All the bugs. Even the cute fuzzy colorful ones. Hopefully this year will be better. You can get caterpillars at Kidspace.
9. LACMA Rain Room - The Rain Room is back! It's basically a magic room that rains but not on you. What? I must see this magic with my own eyes.
10. Los Angeles Flower Market - A million rows with a million flowers for less than a million dollars. See HERE.
11. Fly a Kite - This one is tricky because there aren't many open spaces to fly a kite in our neighborhood. Maybe we'll make a janky one again that the kids can drag.
12. Mini Golf - I just love mini golf. Good old fashion family fun! Our favorite mini golf place is Castle Park.
13. Egg Hunt - I signed the kids up for Burbank's Spring Egg-Stravaganza and am a little stressed out about it. You have to sign up months in advance and the time I wanted was all sold out so if we go it's going to be very early. And I keep hearing horror stories of violent parents so perhaps we'll pick a small church one this year.
14. Egg Dying - Easter isn't Easter without dying eggs! Even if I am the only one who likes eating them hard boiled.
15. The Getty - My favorite thing at The Getty is picnicking while the kids tumble down hills.
16. Scooter Down the Chandler Bike Path - A long, 3 mile path through Burbank that I know my kids will just die for.
17. Grow Flowers - Apartment living is tricky. We can't have a garden but we are able to grow small little plants in the windows. Fyi - you can get $1-5 little kits at Target!
18. Wildlife Learning Center - According to friends that have been, it's super cool but not worth the money for how small it is. But I saw a Groupon! Perhaps we'll give it a whirl so my city kids can see an armadillo.
19. Museum of Ice Cream - Oh my gosh you guys, I am SO excited for this one! I had a few friends go when it was in New York and I was the most jealous. A pool full of sprinkles?! My kids are going to freak out! It's only here for about 6 weeks so get your tickets NOW. Once people start hearing about it, it's going to sell out.
And that's it! I think it's fairly do-able! Most are free or cheap or have discounted days (excluding the Museum of Ice Cream) and I've got until June to get 'em done. 'Cause when Summer hits, you know we'll be living at the beach and splash pads.
Pictures from previous adventures from the above Bucket List:
| Kite building 2015 |
| Lake Balboa 2015 |
| Hike to the Old Zoo 2016 |
| Huntington Gardens' kids garden secret door 2016 |
| Descanso Gardens 2016 |
| Underwood Family Farms attempted sibling photo 2016 |
![]() |
| Caterpillar Adoption 2015 |
| Mini Golf attempted Family Selfie 2016 |
| Eleanor's First Egg Hunt (Oak Park, CA) 2015 |
| Kenley's first time "dying" eggs 2012 |
