Monday, July 24, 2017

The 3 Week Countdown to Kindergarten



3 weeks. Not months, weeks. Exactly 21 days. That is when my baby, my firstborn, my "big" kid will start Kindergarten. Her first ever day of school. The first day of school for the next 13 plus years.

To say I'm freaking out over it would be an understatement. I am totally losing my mind and my sleep over it. This is major! That kid has been home with me for over 5 years. She and I, I and her (and Eleanor), all the days is what we know. In just 3 weeks, everything changes, for everyone. All the feelings, all the thoughts. Joy, excitement, stress, and sadness just to name a few. 

But we still do have THREE weeks! We've filled the last 5 years with tons of adventures, tons of playdates, and tons of relaxing. And since in 3 weeks, most of that will only happen on the weekends, it's time to get on it. The final countdown. Do all the things, go all the places, play with all the people, teach her all the things, relax all the days, and make it the best damn 3 weeks ever.

Time to splashpad, pool, and beach. Time to ranch, museum, and create. Time to play with old friends, new friends, and no friends. Time to learn how to nose blow, speak up, and protect knees. Time to get the school supplies, fresh sneakers, and professional hair cut.

All. The. Things. It's a lot. I lose sleep, hyperventilate, and panic. I only have 3 more weeks before all of our lives change.

But it's going to be okay. It's going to be better than okay. It's going to be great! We will survive. She will survive. She will excel. She already showed me in just 5 short days at VBS that she is ready. Even if I am not. 

Kenley, my "big" kid, let's do this. Let's make these next 3 weeks the absolute best!

Don't think for a second though that you won't get in trouble if you push your sister off the bed again. 



Looking extra old with the skirt and leg crossing!

Eat all the sugar before noon.

Weekday lunch date with daddy.

Best museum ever (twice) for the best kid ever.

Her final day of VBS! I prefer her in pigtails because it makes her look young.