Monday, March 7, 2016

Do You Believe in Magic? - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter



Last week I was able to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios, Hollywood...TWICE! It was just so magical and I feel so lucky to have even been able to experience it once. Opening day isn't until April 7th but myself (and the girls) had an opportunity to go during one of their soft opening days and then again on one of the employee preview nights.

You guys...it's amazing! From the moment I walked into Hogsmeade (both times), I felt such an overwhelming feeling of magic and wonder. You truly feel like you've entered one of J.K. Rowlings books. I could not stop smiling! And the rides, so fun! Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is this amazing 4 minute 3D ride (the walk thru Hogwarts getting there is pretty spectacular) and Flight of the Hippogriff is this crazy fun roller coaster!

The only downside I had, was that I had my kids with me whom had zero interest. I mean, they're only 1 and 4. I would have loved to spend more than a couple of hours in there to truly experience and look at each little detail. But I'm telling you, if you have an opportunity, take it! And whatever you do, don't skip out on the Butterbeer (frozen specifically). You won't regret it!


About to head in for the first time!

Hogwarts Express!

Hogsmeade! Isn't it amazing?! 

Three Broomsticks!

Zonko's!

Ollivander's!

Hogwarts!

Arthur Weasley's car!

Butterbeer! It did not disappoint.

Butterbeer for 4 year olds!

Butterbeer for 18 month olds! (please note: it is not alcoholic nor does it taste like beer)

Draco Malfoy's owl! (they have two of them in the Animal Actor's show - not in Hogsmeade)

Frog Choir!

It doesn't show on her face but K LOVED the frog choir! Eleanor too.


And because we were  already at Universal, we also...



pet a chicken

played in the water at the plaza

(eleanor too)


hugged agnes

took a picture with margo, edith, and agnes

hugged a minion

took a picture with two minions


took a picture with spongebob (no idea how she knows who this is)

hugged woody woodpecker (I KNOW she has no idea who this is)

took a picture with woody, woody's lady friend, and george

and finally let some tourists take photos of us. (this happens to us EVERY time we go to Universal. I know we're cute but...does this happen to anyone else?)


I love you Wizarding World! And I cannot wait to come again! But maybe in another year or so. Because come April 7th, traffic just to get there is going to be bonkers!