I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day last week! I have always been a lover of holidays, and if I had all the money, our place would be embarrassingly decorated for each of them. No really, EVERY holiday. And holidays with kiddos? The most fun. I love creating traditions and making memories with my family and now that the kids (Kenley in particular) are getting older, I hope that they too will look back on these special moments together.
We spent the first part of our day at my aunt's swimming, snacking, jump roping, etc. followed by naps, dinner, and CBS' fireworks...down the street. We are so lucky to live right next to them!
Here are some photos from our day!
![]() |
| Jump rope lessons from aunt Sheryl |
![]() |
| A little double dutch? |
![]() |
| Her face here, I love it. Yay for jump roping! |
![]() |
| Red white and blue! And more white...on my legs. |
![]() |
| I still can't believe we made this beauty. |
![]() |
| Pool time! |
![]() |
| Aunt Sheryl is the most fun. |
![]() |
| Attempting to tan. It didn't work. |
![]() |
| Snacks poolside. |
![]() |
| Velcro baseball! An old favorite of mine. She wanted to play with daddy though since I accidentally threw the ball at her face. GASP! |
![]() |
| Watermelon in the shape of stars, obviously. |
![]() |
| I made a pie with the girls! Our first! (you my have seen this on snapchat) |
![]() |
| The night before when we made it. |
![]() |
| Two thumbs up from the adults, two thumbs down from the kids. |
![]() |
| Thank you aunt Sheryl and Kelsey for the fun day! |
![]() |
| American flag and getting ready for the fireworks! |
![]() |
| Two sisters, one chair. We should probably invest in some more next year. |
![]() |
| Inched her sister out of it. Eleanor brings her own refreshments for the show. |
![]() |
| Snuggles with daddy! |
![]() |
| And snuggles with mommy! |
![]() |
| Selfie with this blue eyed babe. |
![]() |
| Taking a picture of us taking a picture. |
![]() |
| John: "It looks like we are actually out in nature." |
![]() |
| We weren't! |
![]() |
| Selfie with my man! |
![]() |
| Simpsons pre-show. Kenley getting ready for the loud fireworks FAR before they were about to start. |
![]() |
| More popcorn? Really E? At least it kept her stationary for a moment. |
![]() |
| John's attempted photo of E and I watching the fireworks. |
Happy Birthday America!





























