Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Little Ranchers

Did you know there there is an adorable, historic, and some say haunted (spoooooky), little ranch in Calabasas, CA? Do you think the Kardashians go there? Do you think Mason wins miniature lizards, North makes adobe bricks, and Penelope scrubs the laundry? Well, I don't know if they do, but the Simpson kids do! 

Last week we went with some friends to the Leonis Adobe Museum for opening day of their "Lil' Ranchers Days". It was GREAT! They had a western scavenger hunt, lots of crafts, a live band, storytime, animal feeding areas, lessons on how people washed clothes in the "olden days", etc. I think some of it was over my almost two and four year old's heads but they loved it! And I think they want to live on a ranch now. And ride a horse. And wrangle cattle. So...where in the city can I sign Kenley up to be a mutton buster?!


She said she'd take the white one. I don't think these are for sale K.

This kid lasso'd the bull on her second try! Better than the big kids I saw. No big deal.

Making adobe bricks.

Don't let her face fool you, she loved this chore! I mean, activity. 
A little tree painting fun! This was probably my least favorite thing though, only because the lady working got angry she put brown paint on the part that is supposed to be green. Gimme a break lady, she's four. Also, ART!
Laundry time!

Wringing it out.

Feeding some sheep. Eleanor was too scared to do this.

She had no problem pumping water from the well though!

Best friends at the Sagebrush Cantina (restaurant next door). Note: They give a "Buy an adult entree, get a kids meal free" deal! Yes please! Next time I think I'll get a margarita with my enchiladas. 'Cause watching my kids do ranch chores is exhausting.