Wednesday, December 21, 2016

6/973,285,104 Reasons My Husband is So Spectacular



I totally just realized that John and I celebrated 6 years of marriage last month (14 years of friendship), and I never blogged about it. Probably nobody noticed but my husband is spectacular and totally deserves a blog post. In fact, he has been extra spectacular lately and below are some of the reasons why.

6/973,285,104 Reasons My Husband is So Spectacular:

1. He cleans up the majority of our 2 year old's vomit at 3am (second born recently sick).

2. He turns the Christmas tree lights on when he leaves for work so I can wake up and enjoy them with my morning coffee.

3. He makes eggs with the kiddos...patiently as they scream and fight and the eggs are filled with shells.

4. He collects rocks late at night in the dark so the elves can use them for a kindness day.

5. He goes with me to the Animal Actors show for the 642nd time despite it being his least favorite thing at Universal Studios.

6. He tells me I'm pretty when he gets home from work even though I am usually super sweaty, in pjs, and covered in vomit (lately). 

And those are just six reasons he is so spectacular, and amazing, and awesome, and unbelievable. 

For our anniversary this year we were able to sneak away and see Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Pantage Theatre (thanks for babysitting Papa!). And golly was it GOOD! Darren Criss was perfection as Hedwig. Like, is he for real? I am always so rejuvenated spending time at the theater. There is something so magical, so exciting, and so unexpected watching a show live. And Hedwig starring Darren Criss, sitting next to John Simpson, well it did not disappoint. I was a little sad when he didn't stay after to greet guests, but I guess he needs to save his golden voice for his two show days. It's probably for the best. I likely would have run off to eat a donut with him. Which wouldn't be so bad on a regular day but for my anniversary, maybe not a good idea.

Some photos from our Hedwig Date and 6 Year Anniversary...


Headed to the theatre! Lipstick even!

Darren how are you so gorgeous looking way better in lipstick than I?

I think the tour is over but go see it on Broadway, okay?

6 year anniversary is the candy anniversary! So basically my favorite anniversary.

I just love the Pantages. (special thanks to Hana for giving us a backstage tour a couple of years ago. Probably the only time I'll ever have a chance to be on stage there)

Too gorgeous of a location for Hedwig's Rock concert though.

Snapchat sad face when Darren wasn't avail to have donuts with me.

Traditions. Same frame, new number, each anniversary year.

Why did no one tell me to take my phone out of my pocket?

Family burrito date on our actual anniversary day.

'Cause we love our rascals too.

Happy 6 years babe! (photo cred: Kenley)