Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas 2016 - Santa Brought Us The Gift Of Vomit


Merry (late) Christmas! Can you believe Christmas has come and gone already? I feel like this Christmas season went by significantly faster than previous years. No? We have already started de-Christmasing our place to get ready for the New Year. I actually feel a little embarrassed that our tree is still up 3 days after Christmas.

I hope you and yours had a fantastic Christmas. Our Christmas Eve was pretty wonderful but then Kenley woke up at 4am vomiting. Somehow it was just that one time and the magic of Christmas morning and Santa coming healed her. I, however, did vomit laundry all day for Christmas. Merry Christmas to me!

Some photos from our Christmas are below (warning: so many of them). Most of them are of Christmas Eve though since you know, I spent Christmas day keeping a close eye on Kenley and a bucket near her at all times. 

Christmas Eve

First things first, make cookies for Santa.

Mostly she just taste tested. 

I hope Santa likes sprinkles.

Found out this fun friend's grandma is basically our neighbor and had a quick visit and then watched the Christmas Caroling Truck on our street (which I somehow have zero photos of).

Fun friend's mom who is also super fun. Happy we found eachother. 

Coloring at the annual Christmas Eve Party! 
My honey who I only have a snapchat photo with.



And my mom who is now on snapchat!

The most delicious dinner that my kids barely touched. Also yes, that is Kenley drinking soda. #momoftheyear

Crown time!

Our turn!

Best hostess ever - my aunt Sheryl with my mom and I.

Holiday Jeopardy! Which somehow, even though we play this EVERY year, people forget how to play. 

Party chaos.

Kenley with her BFF McKenna. (McKenna is Lit AF)

Attempted Simpsons family Christmas Eve photo.

A smidge better.

We get fancy for Christmas Eve.

Daddy's Girl. I basically am in love with this photo. The crossed legged little lady and her main squeeze.

Presents time! This sparkle dog purse has barely left her side. Thank you King family!

With her Anna doll - which has barely left her side. Thanks Katie and Andrew!

Granny's Girl. Couple of ladies in red.

3rd annual kid's Christmas jammie photo! I hope so bad they will continue this as teens.

Pause for boogies.

And the delirium sets in. WAY past bedtimes.

Somehow totally not tired, we let them watch The Grinch who Stole Christmas before bed.

Santa ready. Hope he has a sweet tooth!

Christmas Day

Stockings first! Note: Kenley in grey Hanna pjs (Christmas ones covered in vomit)

Blind Bags! Anyone else's kids totally obsessed with these?

I think she is feeling better.

Girls got lots of Master's of the Universe toys!

Santa presents! 

Gift opening pause for screen time (I needed K to settle down fearing she would vomit again). Also note all the towels and trash can on the ground.

Eleanor had been talking about how she wanted this toy for months! It spent the majority of Christmas Day on the ground. Typical.

Manicure time!

Speeding up the drying process.

How jealous are you that I got a Christmas pedi?! 

Playing trick-or-treat with stockings. My kids clearly cannot let go of Halloween

Okay, Christmas jammies washed! Attempted sister photo.

Eleanor cannot believe Christmas is over.

They make all the holidays better.

Merry Christmas from the Simpsons!

That's a wrap!