Thursday, January 12, 2017

5 Things Stay-At-Home Moms Do At 5pm

Every night, my husband texts me as he is leaving his office to head home. But a couple of weeks ago he says to me "One of these nights, I'm just going to get off early and surprise you." I about had a HEART ATTACK! "No, you cannot do that." "Why" he asked.

Here is why!

5 Things Stay-At-Home Moms Do At 5pm:

1. Freshen Up - Brush my hair, brush my teeth, get out of my pjs (or at least put on clean ones), and dab a little makeup over my tired eyes.

2. Make (or Start) Dinner - Pretend I was totally making dinner by preheating the oven and pulling out the ingredients.

3. Clean - Start my "chore of the day" or pull out cleaning supplies as if I was just cleaning. Also, turn on the dryer to make it look like I was doing laundry.

4. Kids Clean - Make the kids pick up all of their toys, put their phones away, turn off the TV, and have them play with something educational.

5. Look Productive - When the keys jingle at the door, I put away my phone, grab some laundry, and start folding it. Or I run to the kitchen and throw on an apron as if I was cooking.


Honestly, my husband doesn't care if the kids, house, and I are a total mess but it's nice to make him think I have it together... at least some of the time.

Now excuse me while I go do all the things! 


Omg, it's almost 5pm!