Saturday, January 2, 2016

2015 is SO Last Year



Happy New Year! Also...I'm back! 

So... it's pretty embarrassing that the last thing I posted was in April 2015 and it wasn't even about anything IN 2015! Eek! Things got crazy after having two kids and...life. Also, we lost all our photos and I was pretty bummed about blogging several events without photos. We still haven't been able to retrieve them but I'm slowly starting to cope. Worse things happen, you know? 

I'll do a super quick recap of 2015 in another post but for now, let's talk resolutions!

I'm not a strict resolution person so I prefer to call them "goals". Generally, attainable goals.


In no particular order:

1. Blog - I'm not really sure who, if anyone, reads my blog but as long as I don't get behind, I love doing it. I've always been a journal keeper. You should read my 2nd grade diary guys, it's hilarious. Thomas Reiner was basically the most popular boy in school AND my boyfriend! Clearly, we were in love based on the amount of hearts I drew. He was also Meredith and Shannon's boyfriend but whatever, sister wives. 

2. Unplug more - Okay, I know this sounds silly since I'm now going to blog again and that is plugging in, but I'm talking phone unplugging. Now and again I spend a little too much time on FB, texting my friends, etc. but there is really no reason or rush to when I have two little ones vying for my attention. I do give them LOTS of attention but I have caught myself checking my IG when K is trying to play Peppa Pig with me. As a stay-at-home mom, I get to see a lot of tiny moments but as K gets older, I don't want to miss a single moment! Even if it is the 100th time telling her snowman joke. It's a good one.

3. Yell Less - Three year olds can be monsters you guys. They are insane and make no sense sometimes. K has a little too much spice and can drive me nuts. Thank goodness for those sugary moments (which she has tons of too). I'm going to try and breathe and take a moment before I lose my mind.

4. Date my Husband - Having two tiny ones can take over your life, especially when they are babies. My goal is now that E is a little more comfortable with others, John and I can get out. Or even date in! On New Years Eve we stayed up after we put the girls to bed to watch part of movie and just chat and it was just what the doctor ordered. We may have been exhausted but one-on-one time is so important. Hopefully we can coax our family to watch the girls once a month so we can have more of that time. We already have a date set up for next week! January date, check!

5. Less Candy - Those who know me know I have an intense love for candy. I like it so much you guys. After E grew out of her allergies (she grew out of ALL at one year - hurrah!) I went a little nuts over the holidays. Those pregnancy pounds came right back on. Giving up all candy for me is a little nuts so I'm going to TRY and limit it to just holidays. On the actual day of said holiday. JUST February 14th or JUST on my birthday.


And that is it! That's doable right? Gosh I hope so, now that it's published online and I know y'all will be watching. Or not, that's cool too.

I hope you all achieve your resolutions/goals! I blogged in 2016 so I've already semi-completed one of mine!

Some photos from our NYE! We celebrated with the girls at 9pm 'cause no way we were keeping them up 'til midnight.