In my last post I listed some of MY resolutions. But what about my kids, you ask? Or maybe you didn't ask but I'm giving it to you anyways. Below is a list of Kenley and Eleanor's resolutions, as decided by their mother. Will they follow thru? Probably not but here's to hoping!
Resolutions for an (almost) 4 year old:
1. I will try new foods to include things other than macaroni and cheese, noodles, toast, yogurt, smoothies, apples, avocado, guacamole, bananas, popcorn, and cereal. I'll even try a cookie. Cookie Monster likes them so they must be good right?
2. I will stop eating bites of of food, state I am full, and then 30 minutes later state "I'm SO hungry".
3. I will shorten my bedtime routine and not request book after book, kiss after kiss, potty break after potty break, etc. And go to sleep on my own.
4. I will stop drinking bath water. Especially since I take a bath with my sister who more than likely pees in it. Additionally, I will stop splashing my sister and parents.
5. I will stop stating "I don't have to go to potty, I'm just wiggling" when in reality I DO have to go potty, I just don't want to stop playing. I will also learn to wipe number two. Even though my mom is certain this is destined for grossness while I learn.
6. I will only watch educational shows online and stop watching kinder surprise videos and finger family videos. I gave up Caillou last year so I'm sure I can complete this resolution.
7. I will let my parents put my hair in a braid, pony, pigtail, headband, or clip. At the very least, I'll let them brush my hair without throwing a tantrum.
8. I won't cry whenever the "Happy Birthday" song is sung whether to me or to someone else.
9. I will learn to dress myself. Even though I totally know how to do this already, I prefer my mom to do it.
10. I will put stickers on paper and my body only. I will not put it on my dad's leg hair or on any furniture.
2. I will stop eating bites of of food, state I am full, and then 30 minutes later state "I'm SO hungry".
3. I will shorten my bedtime routine and not request book after book, kiss after kiss, potty break after potty break, etc. And go to sleep on my own.
4. I will stop drinking bath water. Especially since I take a bath with my sister who more than likely pees in it. Additionally, I will stop splashing my sister and parents.
5. I will stop stating "I don't have to go to potty, I'm just wiggling" when in reality I DO have to go potty, I just don't want to stop playing. I will also learn to wipe number two. Even though my mom is certain this is destined for grossness while I learn.
6. I will only watch educational shows online and stop watching kinder surprise videos and finger family videos. I gave up Caillou last year so I'm sure I can complete this resolution.
7. I will let my parents put my hair in a braid, pony, pigtail, headband, or clip. At the very least, I'll let them brush my hair without throwing a tantrum.
8. I won't cry whenever the "Happy Birthday" song is sung whether to me or to someone else.
9. I will learn to dress myself. Even though I totally know how to do this already, I prefer my mom to do it.
10. I will put stickers on paper and my body only. I will not put it on my dad's leg hair or on any furniture.
Resolutions for a 16 month old:
1. I'm going to sleep thru the night...at least once so my mother knows I'm capable of it. There is just so much fun to be had at 3 in the morning though!
2. I'm going to stop using my mom's boobs as a pacifier.
3. I'm going to sleep in my own crib. Even though mommy and daddy's bed is SO much bigger, comfy, and warm.
4. I am going to expand my diet to include dairy and not just meat. I guess since I grew out of my allergies, might as well give it a shot.
5. I will stop hitting my sister. Even though she totally eggs me on and thinks it's hilarious.
6. I will let my mother cut my nails so I no longer have gashes all over my face. I look pretty badass with them though. Like a dinosaur!
7. I will stop stealing my mother's scarfs. Even though I look way cuter in them. Stop kidding us mom, your neck isn't cold.
8. I will stop doing everything my sister does. Like drink bath water, throw things, jump on the couch, etc. Everything she does is just so fun though. Kenley is the bees knees!
9. I will potty train! I'm pretty sure I can get this done by Christmas. As it is I already know how to wipe my sisters bum, throw toilet paper in the toilet, and flush. I'm a visual learner.
10. I will pet a dog. Or at the minimum, let one within a 2 feet radius of me.
The likeliness of all of these happening is pretty much .01 percent. And honestly, most of these are normal and healthy and I love them a lot so it's cool if they don't grow out of these. Except drinking bath water. 'Cause that's just gross.
2. I'm going to stop using my mom's boobs as a pacifier.
3. I'm going to sleep in my own crib. Even though mommy and daddy's bed is SO much bigger, comfy, and warm.
4. I am going to expand my diet to include dairy and not just meat. I guess since I grew out of my allergies, might as well give it a shot.
5. I will stop hitting my sister. Even though she totally eggs me on and thinks it's hilarious.
6. I will let my mother cut my nails so I no longer have gashes all over my face. I look pretty badass with them though. Like a dinosaur!
7. I will stop stealing my mother's scarfs. Even though I look way cuter in them. Stop kidding us mom, your neck isn't cold.
8. I will stop doing everything my sister does. Like drink bath water, throw things, jump on the couch, etc. Everything she does is just so fun though. Kenley is the bees knees!
9. I will potty train! I'm pretty sure I can get this done by Christmas. As it is I already know how to wipe my sisters bum, throw toilet paper in the toilet, and flush. I'm a visual learner.
10. I will pet a dog. Or at the minimum, let one within a 2 feet radius of me.
The likeliness of all of these happening is pretty much .01 percent. And honestly, most of these are normal and healthy and I love them a lot so it's cool if they don't grow out of these. Except drinking bath water. 'Cause that's just gross.


