Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter 2016


I'm pretty sure I say it every year (on every holiday), but aren't holidays with small kids just the best?! I've always been a lover of holidays but tiny ones make it a million times more fun. From dying eggs for the first time and seeing what the Easter bunny brought while they were sleeping...just the best!

We started our Easter morning with goody filled baskets from the bunny and hunting for the eggs he hid all over our living room! Side note: I need to tell the bunny to stop bringing so much chocolate! Sugar high for the girls and increased love handles for mommy!



E sneaking and eating all of the bunny's carrots!

Bunny loot!

Girl found one chocolate egg in her basket and was set!

I let my kid have chocolate at 8am - judge away!
This girl meticulously went through each item in her basket.
And was SO excited about each item!

Egg hunt at home this year!


After playing with our new toys (and eating WAY to much chocolate) we headed over to St. Borromeo Catholic Church for Easter mass.  This church, you guys, is the most beautiful! We were late (will I ever be on time with kids?) so we were in the overflow service which was just as wonderful. 

The girls did great during the service! Church with littles is always a little stressful for me so I am happy to report that they were excellently behaved. The girls and I did pop out toward the end for snacks and wiggles though. 

Oh, and if you are wondering if Gwen Stefani or Luigi Francis Shorty Rossi were there this year (as they have been in services past), they were not. Or maybe they were? I don't know. I didn't see them with two tinys distracting me.  Instead we sat near 90's heartthrob Adam LaVorgna (7th Heaven) and had our wiggle/snack break with Damian McGinty (Glee) and his girlfriend Anna Claire Sneed who were obsessed with my sweet Easter girls. 



Daddy and his mini on their way to church - line wrapped around the block.

Don't you bring your binocular's with you to church for some exploring? 

Snack break

Trying to get a nice Easter picture of the girls in their matching outfits. Real life.

Wiggle break.

Attempt number two of getting a nice Easter picture of the girls. Real life.

He is risen!

Attempt at getting a nice family Easter photo. Real Life.

Stopping to smell the flowers.

Stopping to give the flowers a head butt.

Oh, and the week prior we dyed our eggs! Which was kind of the most stressful. I don't know how my friend Kendall does it (like 17 times throughout the year) with 3 tinys. 



Patiently waiting.

Kind of patiently waiting.

Eggs with my first born!

Eggs with my second born! And crazy faces for us both!

Attempted family egg dying shot. Real life.

Did I mention granny was here?!

And she sewed Kenley's favorite costume back together!

Girl loves her Granny!

Puzzles with Granny. I hope they always do puzzles together. It's kind of their thing.

Granny with her youngest grandkid!



Previous Easter Blog Posts:

Easter 2015 - included in 2015 (Part One)