Wednesday, March 16, 2016

To Infinity and Beyond! - Our Visit to The Broad

A week or so ago myself and the littles headed over to The Broad museum again. We went a few months ago but I totally forgot to see the one installation I REALLY wanted see (Yayoi Kasuma's "Infinity Mirrored Room"). Kids I tell ya, they totally had me flustered and I forgot. As soon as I got home I reserved tickets for their next opening...3 months later (the museum is that awesome you guys - takes months to get a reservation). We went with some new friends and it was great! Completely lived up my expectations. I didn't take a ton of photos - we had 4 tiny kids between the two of us so we had our hands a little full. But I seriously can't wait to go again!

I also think it's super important to introduce art to kids at a young age and I feel very lucky to live in a city where that is easily possible. If you ask Kenley what her favorite exhibits were, she would say "The Crying Girl" (Roy Lichtenstein's "I...I'm Sorry") and the man in the bathtub singing with his guitar (Ragnar Kjartansson's "The Visitors"). I think other than "Infinity Mirrored Room", "The Visitors" was our whole groups favorite. 


My little museum veteran chillin' outside The Broad.

Pinecone hunting.

Playing tag and hopscotch outside. Although the museum is for people of all ages, it's not really designed for toddlers. Fortunately, they have this grassy area to run and get wiggles out before heading in.

Jeff Koon's "Tulips"

Who run the world? Girls! 

Kenley and her new friend C - he did GREAT for his first museum visit.

Robert Therrien's "Under the Table". Aren't they just the sweetest?

Yayoi's "Infinity Mirrored Room". This photo does zero justice for how incredible this installation is. Kenley got a little scared when it went dark though. Fortunately, for her, it's only 45 seconds long.