Monday, April 25, 2016

I'm a Soccer Mom Now!



A super rad and awesome 4 year old just started her first sport...SOCCER! I'm not sure how many practices/meetups it requires to be a soccer mom but if it's two, I'm a soccer mom! And I'm SO excited about it! Now I just need a minivan and some orange slices.

Soccer for 4 year olds is pretty much the cutest/funniest. They are ALL over the place. And they get to do awesome drills where they act like bears running down the field and hop over cones like bunnies! Why did my high school coach never let us do that?! On her first day, my sensitive kid acted as suspected - participated in some of the drills and then ultimately ran off and pouted. But I have to give her credit. She knew zero kids when she arrived but still did her best putting herself out there and listening to Coach Becky. 


Week One Photos

Sister soccer stars! Eleanor insisted on her own little bouncy ball soccer ball.

Professional ball stopping skills.

Drills with new friends.

Taking a quick pout/play with the grass break.

Week two was a million times better! She followed the directions, high fived kids she didn't know, and only really pouted when the goalie (a boy in the goal with a Captain America shield - did you know you can have those now?) blocked her kick. Even as a high schooler, I'd pout inside when the goalie blocked my kick so...totally normal and like mother like daughter.


Week Two Photos
Stretching.

Warm ups and thinking coach Becky is hilarious!

Waiting her turn in line to dribble through cones.

Eleanor wanted to join in on the bear/bunny drills.

Eye on the ball!

Baby dolls, popcorn, and Kenley's biggest fan!

I don't know if soccer is something she'll play for several years or even another week, but I am still so proud of her for trying something new and putting herself out there. Go Kenley and team Cool Kickers!

Also, a special thanks to Coach Becky for putting this great soccer club together!