Wednesday, April 27, 2016

7 Things I Actually Want for My Birthday and/or Mother's Day

With my birthday and Mother's Day less than 2 weeks away (oh my gosh, I'm going to be in my mid 30's!), I thought I should jot down what I want. You know, so my husband can get on board. 




7 Things I Actually Want for My Birthday and/or Mother's Day:

1. Sleep - The last time I felt fully rested was in 2011, before kids and the return of boy bands! Sleeping in or even a nap would be the bees knees.

2. Something Handmade - A lot of parents' kids come home with cute little crafts from school but since mine are home I never get a thumbprint flower pot or a foot print bird that says "Mommy's tweet-heart". Sure we make these at home but they are never for ME. I know, I'm sad for me too. 

3. Shower - I am one of the lucky few I know who gets to shower almost everyday...for 3 minutes, with a 1 year old watching me and handing me rubber duckies to play with. For ONE day I would like to shower without an audience, long enough to rinse the shampoo out of my hair, and long enough to shave. Really babe, this would be a gift for YOU. 

4. Alcohol - Coffee will get me through 10am but mimosas and margaritas may get me 'til 4pm! Okay, this one is a long shot since it requires me to stop breastfeeding in 10 days. Eleanor, please wean yourself! I want my boobs back!

5. Peaceful Children - My kids were lovely to eachother for 5 days recently and it was glorious! It didn't last. It would be awesome if for a day or two Kenley didn't drag Eleanor's body off the couch and Eleanor didn't pull out Kenley's hair.




6. Gifts for my Children - My kids probably shouldn't get a gift for MY day but...if they have a new toy, book, puzzle, etc. it might keep them occupied long enough to drink my coffee or mimosa in peace.

7. Something Pretty for Me - If my kids are getting new Peppa toys and train books, I suppose some flowers, charms, or a lovely scarf wouldn't be the worst either. *hint* *hint* John.

If I get just one of these over my birthday/mother's day weekend, I'll feel pretty lucky. I really hope I get number one: sleep. Remember how I don't sleep?