Tuesday, May 10, 2016

This is 33 - 48 Hours of Me!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day! My birthday fell on the day before Mother's Day this year so I had 48 hours to celebrate ME! It was cold and dreary (what the heck Los Angeles?) so some of our plans got postponed and we spent a lot of it relaxing at home. But...I didn't have to wipe any butts, John dealt with all the toddler drama, and I got lots of hugs and lots of "Happy Birthday! I love you Mommy!" Also, Eleanor learned how to say "Happy Birthday" and her name! Which sounds more like "El-nor". 

I will admit I have a love/hate relationship with when my birthday falls. It will never fall ON Mother's Day, but with it being so close, I imagine my kids will try to combine them. Fortunately, I have a husband who would NEVER allow that. 

My birth DAY was filled with Grand Slams, dirt cake, and also celebrating my mom who birthed me the day before Mother's Day in 1983! Sorry you had to celebrate your first Mother's Day in the hospital Ma. At least you got breakfast in bed? Even if it was a hospital one?


This is 33
My sweet peas at breakfast.

Denny's birthday traditions since 1983!

They ALWAYS want to match and ALWAYS carry a purse.

Somebody LOVES her Granny. Like, ignores me (even on my birthday) when Granny is around.

Mother's Day goodies for Granny!

They are pretty lucky to have this lady in their lives.

My mom made me a DIRT CAKE! I think the last time I had one was in 1992? It was a goodie.

3 Generations.

Thanks for giving me life! 
Birthday ice cream since I hate "normal" cake. They also insisted on having candles of their own and lighting and re-lighting them 3 times. 

Mother's Day was filled with the breakfast Kenley dropped in bed (John has the funniest video), world's best/longest bubble bath (I got to shave my legs!), and good old fashioned mini golf.


More Celebrating Me!
Donuts in bed! But eaten in the living room b/c K wanted to show me ALL the donuts.

Second born sweet pea!

Mini Golf is SERIOUS!

Attempted to get a smiley one. 2 kid problems.

And one with daddy!

Half the fun is posing with a "golf stick".

Daddy trying to teach Kenley how to hold the club and Eleanor banging her ball on everything.

It was pretty much chaos.

Mother's Day mini golf family picture! With Kenley in the distance. 

My weekend was seriously perfect. It may have not been a crazy club birthday (Bubinga Bash, Let's Get Smashed - 2004), a Fiesta with birth control filled pinatas (2005), a wild Vegas one (2011), but it was nothing short of perfection. 

LOVE my people.

Denny's birthday throwback with my bestie Nicole! Blossom hat, Bugle Boy t-shirt, and a Walkman! Circa 1993?