Last week my best friend of 29 years came to visit. I cannot say enough awesome things about this person. I mean, her nickname is "Starlyle", because she's a STAR! And anyone who knows her, knows this to be true.
I could probably list 874,230 things about why she is the best, but how about just 22 for now.
1. She drives 6+ hours for only 2 days of visiting.
2. She lets me borrow her bras and earrings.
3. She was present for John and I's elopement.
4. She knows how to be ridiculous in public.
5. She remembers the smallest details.
6. She live watches Miss America and Miss USA pageants with me.
7. She wears rompers and jelly shoes.
8. She knows how to cheer me up by sending Girl Scout cookie care packages.
9. She loves my kids. And they love her back.
10. She was my friend when I was a bratty 4 year old, 13 year old, and... 33 year old.
11. She tapes my nasty broken toes.
12. She and I never fight.
13. She gives me beauty and skincare tips.
14. She is not insulted when I lovingly call her a "bitch".
15. She is still my friend even though we live a million miles a part.
16. She loves the same people I love. And hates the same people I hate.
17. She calls me out on my nonsense.
18. She and I grow together.
19. She and I share a lot of the same morals.
20. She rescues me when I'm drunk and all my other friends are the UNR vs. UNLV game.
21. She gives me honeymoon tips.
22. She understands why I am the way I am.
Guys, she may as well be the freaking love of my life. Sorry John. *wink*
Okay, one million photos from when she came to visit.
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, HOLLYWOOD
 |
| Disneyland may be the "Happiest Place on Earth" but... The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is definitely the most MAGICAL place on Earth. |
 |
| Jumps for J.K. Rowling! |
 |
| After entering. How did the snow not melt in the 90+ degree weather?! Magic! |
 |
| Hogwarts from the line queue. |
 |
| Attempted selfie - also, we are both Ravenclaws. |
 |
| Universal, you are killing it with this castle! |
 |
| Tiny Pumpkin Juice lover. I think she'd probably be in Gryffindor. |
 |
| Kenley seriously LOVES auntie Arlyle. 4 months - 4.5 years, the love has never died. |
 |
| She only wanted to ride the rides with her. |
 |
| So I got this cutie in a hat! |
 |
| Walked over, gave him a hug, posed like this, and said "Cheese!" Oh, you want me to take your photo do you? OKAY! |
 |
| First time she wasn't scared to take a photo with GRU! |
 |
| Splash break in the plaza! |
 |
| This brave girl was the first one in! |
 |
| Simpson Sister Splashin' |
 |
| Arlyle, you make that van look GOOD! |
 |
| And him! |
 |
| Wiggum, my family, coffee, and donuts, a few of my favorite things. |
 |
| I cannot handle the adorableness of this in line to see the Despicable Me sisters! (thanks for humoring us Arlyle) |
 |
| 2 Simpson sisters, 3 Despicable Me sisters. May need another girl. You know, to even it out. |
 |
| Kenley in heaven. |
 |
| Watching the Animal Actors show! My kids favorite! |
 |
| What is this thing?! How to we use it?! Does it have Snapchat? |
 |
| Cheers to this lady right here! And cheers to my husband for taking the girls home so I could get CRAZY! |
 |
| Just hanging with our Raptor bestie. |
GRAND PARK LA
 |
| Little commuters. Thank you Arlyle for figuring out a subway system NOT in your town. |
 |
| Grand Park is quickly becoming one of my favorite places in LA. |
 |
| Gorgeous, low key splash pad downtown. |
 |
| Girlfriend loving it! |
 |
| Posing on her own. |
 |
| Oh, and this pose. Her signature one these days. |
 |
| Sister plotting. |
 |
| There are days when they are monsters to each other and there are days when they are the BEST of friends. Today, it was the latter. (my favorite days) |
 |
| Just need to cool off my face. |
 |
| Thanks for this AMAZING and attractive photo of me Arlyle. This former MLT loves food truck pork! |
 |
| Lollipops and City Hall. |
OTHER
 |
| Nightime snuggles. They brought Arlyle her own blanket to snuggle with. |
 |
| 3 of my favorite humans. |
 |
| Blurry, but one of my favorites. |
 |
| Bestie, you're the best! |
Come back soon Arlyle! We miss you already!