Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 20th, 2016


This past weekend Eleanor turned TWO! *gasp* What is happening here? Why are my babies getting so old? Doesn't two seem significantly older than one? 

For the day of her birth, we kept with tradition by starting the day off with donuts, balloons, and presents. We usually go to Denny's (more on my obsession below), but the girls wanted to play with the new toys so we opted for a quick breakfast at home.


7:48am - official birth time

Two donuts 'cause two years old. 

She had no problem opening gifts first thing in the morning!

I'm in love with this photo! Kenley is so excited but holding back and letting her little sister open it by herself.

I think she a little bit liked this one.

After prying them away from all of the new toys (I'm so mean), we headed to Eleanor's favorite place in all the land...the beach! For reals, she is a little obsessed. My little mermaid wants to go there all day, every day. We made castles, buried each other, splashed and threw dirt clumps in the ocean, watched my mom boogie board (ya, she's rad like that), and ate cup(cakes) by the ocean (hey DNCE!).


Castles with my beach babe.

Sandy snacks. We ate a lot of sand that day.

My poor attempt at turning her into a mermaid. 

Double mermaids all the way!

Wave jumping with granny.

Bday girl wave jumping with daddy.

Little lady preferred the ocean over the camera.

Yeah granny! Did I mention she just had hip surgery?!

Mi madre and I re-createing a photo from when I was a wee one. (original on FB)

When you're two, and your favorite song is "Cake by the Ocean", you EAT cup(cakes) by the ocean

Naps by the ocean.

Strawberries by the ocean.

#eistwo
Later, after naps, we headed over to Eleanor's favorite restaurant, "Potle" (Chipotle). And then ended the day with more cupcakes and ice cream!


Bean face birthday girl.

Daddy's girl like whoa.

Candles and about 12 rounds of the "Happy Birthday"song.

Big sister helping. (per E's request)

Tired beach lady also wanted to blow out some candles...for her HALF birthday.

The next morning we continued the celebration with a trip to Denny's. For my new readers who don't know about my weird obsession, it started in 1983, the year I was born (shoot, I just aged myself!). Growing up, my brother and I always got to choose a restaurant for our birthday dinner and I ALWAYS chose Denny's (I'm fancy like that). I am forcing this tradition on my children. 


Her piggies and accessories are a GRAND SLAM!

Mama and babe.

K's new pose.

We love you "not so little anymore" E! We hope you had a great second birthday! Bring on the terrible terrific twos!