Friends, my name is Mandy and I'm a "Dance Moms" watcher. I know, I know, I cannot help it. Miss Abbey is a trainwreck and I love it. Those moms are totally off their rockers and I love it. The dancers are mad talented and I love it.
Did you know that Abbey has a studio in Los Angeles now? My kids could potentially dance there! I pretty much vow never to put them under the care of Miss Abbey but...I may see them on the dance circuit at some point because I'm now a...DANCE MOM! Here we come Starbound!
I don't know if I can say all of my dreams have come true but...they have a little bit all come true now that I have a tiny dancer. Miss K is now a ballet/tap girl and she loves it! We did a trial class and she immediately fell in love with ballet. She doesn't have the feet to be the next Misty Copeland, but I've seen Center Stage enough times that it doesn't matter, she can still be the next Jody Sawyer.
So far all of the moms have been really nice and welcoming. No signs quite yet that they are going to send me home to cry to my pillow. But if all the moms in K's class were the cast of Dance Moms, I'd probably be the Jessalyn (Jojo's mom). Mainly because we are the newer ones to the studio. The other girls in the class have had at least 1-2 years of dance training. I know, they are four, but we are apparently so far behind! And Jessalyn seems the most sane...some of the time. Plus Jojo toots to her own horn with that bow. As does Kenley always wanting "crazy hair".
In reality, we are none of those cast members. We're Kenley and Mandy and we're excited to dance our way to Nationals!
![]() |
| First official day of DANCE! |
![]() |
| Can you tell she LOVES it? We also really love Miss Kelsey. |
![]() |
| Keeping me in line after being chatty outside. |
![]() |
| Tambourine time! |
![]() |
| Ribbon dancing is super serious. |
![]() |
| Just love this photo of little E peaking in at the big kids. |
![]() |
| See ya on the dance floor! |







