Thursday, December 29, 2016

A Look Back at My Partially Successful 2016 Resolutions

With 2016 almost over (aaahhh 3 more days!), I thought I'd look back at my 2016 Resolutions (see HERE) to see what I did accomplish, what I didn't accomplish, and what I forgot to accomplish. Let's have a look!

Instagram's 2016 Best Nine - basically November and December (follow me on Instagram: TotesMandy)

1. Blog - Complete! - I was able to get out at least one blog post a week and only missed one out of 52 weeks! A mix of personal stories and updates, I had the most readers of any year yet. The most popular blog posts were ones that were lists. So perhaps more of those this coming year?

2. Unplug More - Partially Complete - I started out strong rarely checking social media and messages during my kids waking hours. But... I have zero interactions with just adults (even when John is home, my kids hog him) so sometimes I would text my adult friends about adult things. Actually, that is a lie, I would text my adult friends about kid things. Ie: "My kid is in the bathroom and just said 'Uh Oh'. #worried #poopeverywhere". 

3. Yell Less - Completed for 10/12 months or so - I don't know if I started to yell less or my kids started to listen more but I did a pretty awesome job with this one. Then Eleanor turned into the most monstrous 2 year old I have ever seen. For reals though, it's what nightmares are made of. And Kenley became a sassy rude almost 5 year old. Sometimes yelling is just necessary.

4. Date My Husband - Did Not Complete - I think we went on 3 dates this year (Star Wars, Target, and Hedwig)? Finding a sitter that is not 45 minutes away is super tricky. Maybe we'll go on 4 dates this year!

5. Less Candy - Forgot to Complete - I think "Lady Week" came back immediately after I made my resolutions and I ate all the chocolate and then I forgot. Then I started "working out" (at home hip hop dance dvds - don't laugh) and I thought I could eat all the candy and just sweat it off. 

So for the most part, I did pretty well eh? My kids on the other hand, accomplished basically nothing off of their lists (see HERE). Well maybe not nothing. Kenley will now try cookies and Eleanor no longer uses my boobs as a pacifier.

How did you do on your resolutions this year?