Happy New Year!
It's that time of year again when the gyms are full (so I hear) and moms everywhere vow less screen time for their kid...until they remember why they so desperately need screen time for their kid (God bless Wild Kratts and Peppa). It's that time of year when we make our New Year's resolutions!
Do you make resolutions? Do you write them down? Do you tell someone so they can help you succeed? Do you think resolutions are silly? Personally, I'm a resolutions kind of gal. I'm always looking for ways to better myself and what better time than at the start of a new year!
In no particular order, my 2017 New Year's Resolutions:
1. Blog - Last year I got a little more serious about my blogging with more frequent posts. This year, I am planning on taking blogging to the next level! What does that mean? I don't really know. But some things I am hoping to achieve before 12/31/17 are...blog 1-2 times a week, purchase my own domain, create a FB blog page, get published in Scary Mommy (lofty, I know), and get sponsored...once!
2. Date My Husband - Having two tiny humans has taken over my life. And as much as I love their guts, I also super love my husbands guts. The goal this year is to go on SIX dates! I know, that sounds pretty small, but last year we only went on three so this is double! Also, more at-home dates...if I can get E to go to bed before 11pm (help!).
3. Healthy Habits - A friend recently helped me realize that not only is it important to be healthy for myself, but that I have two tiny humans watching me all the time (no really, all the time, even on the potty) and I need to set healthier examples. A few healthier examples I plan on setting this year are drinking more water, workout 3-4 times a week, and only eat sweets on special occasions (this one will be the hardest).
4. Shorter To-Do Lists - I am a lady of lists. Heck, I'm writing one right now! I love them, they help keep me on track, and I extra love crossing things off. But I have noticed that my lists have been getting in the way of being with my kids. Yes, I am a stay-at-home mom who is always with my kids but there has been too much of this recently, "Mommy, can you play Master's of the Universe with me?" "Sure K, after I do this, and this, and this." No! The list can wait! My kids aren't going to want to play with me forever.
5. Patience - Sometimes I forget that my kid is not even 5 years old yet. She's my "big" kid who I sometimes ask too much of. And when she doesn't always do what I expect, simply acting her age, I lose patience. And unfortunately, the loss of patience can turn into yelling. I don't want to yell. She is, and has been for a while, at that age where she is going to remember a lot from her childhood. And I REALLY don't want her to remember mommy's yelling.
And that is it! Doable right? Golly I hope so. Especially now that it is posted online and y'all will be watching. Well maybe not all of you, but likely my mom and grandma.
I hope you too are able to achieve your resolutions this year!
Some photos from our NYE! We all miraculously made it to midnight! I was definitely paying for it the next day though.
![]() |
| First things first, dinner traditions. Which we may need to change since K wouldn't touch her dinner and E only ate the meat. Crazy carnivore. |
![]() |
| Hung these bad boys up that were filled with goodies (candy)! Something fun for the kids that helped keep them awake. |
![]() |
| Making hats! |
![]() |
| I'm especially fond of K's |
![]() |
| Movie snuggle time! Zootopia - SO cute and funny but maybe a little scary depending on the kid. Also, a little language that I am hoping went over K's head (ie: dumb, loser, etc.) |
![]() |
| After the movie we still had over an hour before midnight so...BINGO! The 2013/2014 edition. Oops! |
![]() |
| Snuggled like this on their own! Quick, grab phone! |
![]() |
| Yay midnight! We did it! |
![]() |
| E attempting to give K a New Year's kiss. |
![]() |
| Happy New Year! Love, Us - The Simpsons |










