Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Resolutions for an Almost 5 Year Old and 2.5 Year Old
In my last post I listed some of MY resolutions. But my kids aren't getting off the hook. The little rascals have resolutions of their own (as decided by their mother)! I am hoping they will follow thru with at least 1-2 of them.
Resolutions for an (almost) 5 year old:
1. I will try new foods to include things other than waffles, bagels, cereal, apples, applesauce, bananas, avocado, spaghetti, and goldfish. I will also try Macaroni and Cheese shapes that aren't in the shape of farm animals, and pizza with at least one topping. With each new food I try, I will not cover them with ketchup.
2. I will start Kindergarten! Perhaps I will even learn to read so that I can figure out what my parents are secretly spelling all the time.
3. I will no longer request an audience while I go the bathroom. And while I am at it, I will wipe my own rear end.
4. I will not drink bath water. My mom says my sister pees in it and apparently that is gross.
5. I will act five and not fifteen and will no longer talk back to my parents or slam doors.
6. I will put clothes on my Barbies when taking them to public places.
7. I will learn to blow my nose.
8. I will only watch educational shows and will give up Hobby Kids TV on Kids Youtube.
9. I will expand my wardrobe to include things that aren't my blue dress that is 2 sizes too small and my green lace shirt that is consistently dirty from wearing it all the time.
10. I will learn some words to some songs. But not Jason Derulo songs.
11. I will learn past tense. I currently say "last year" when referring to anything in the past. Even though currently, it makes total sense! ie: "I already went to the bathroom Miss Kelsey, I went last year" (meaning I went this morning).
Resolutions for a 2.5 year old:
1. I will learn how to go potty on the toilet rather than pooping behind my play kitchen in my diaper. My mom says I get to pick out my own panties. Hooray!
2. I will sleep in my own bed. And while I am at it, I'll go to bed before 11pm...maybe. My mom is bonkers to think this will happen anytime soon.
3. I will no longer request stickers to be put all over my face. It hurts like heck when they are pulled off! Yet I request them anyways.
4. I will no longer watch Ryan's Toy Review on Kids Youtube.
5. I will no longer give creepy smiles and laughs when I give my family pretend shots.
6. I will no longer say everything looks like poop.
7. I will figure out how to explain to my parents what "Coney Party Pop" means.
8. I will sit still for evening books and no longer do somersaults, yoga, chasses, and arabesques in bed before bedtime.
9. I will learn to leap in my ballet class.
10. I will no longer insist on wearing tank tops when it is below 60 degrees. And then complain that I am freezing.
11. I will let someone other than my mom sooth me. I will not request she hold me even though she is the one who disciplines me the most.
Probably, none of these resolutions will happen. But my kids are awesome and I love them so it's cool. Except for the bath water one. Come on kid! This was one of your resolutions last year!