That's a wrap on Kenley's first year of T-Ball! Do you say "that's a wrap" in baseball? Or is that just a theater/film thing? I don't know. Artsy family over here.
What an amazing whirlwind of fun t-ball was this season. So many late night practices and games, followed by Chipotle after parties with 5 year olds shutting the place down. We spent 2-3 days at the diamond each week and although it was at times exhausting, it was SO MUCH FUN! I didn't even know I liked baseball until Kenley joined the Wildcats. I mean, we actually watch ESPN now! After our winter t-ball clinic got rained out, our sweet friend Paola asked if we were interested in joining their team in the spring. And I'm so happy we did. Because you guys, that kid loves t-ball.
There was a lot of playing in the dirt, filling her glove with white chalk and twirling it around to make dirt tornadoes, but all in all, I've never seen a 5 year old love the game more than her. Smiles in every photo, plus waves and bows to the stands each time she crossed home plate. What a ham! I don't even know why I was so worried about the dance recital.
After an incredible season learning the game, working as a team, and making new friends, the Wildcats ended their season at Jamboree Day!
We love you little Wildcats! Can't wait to meet y'all back on the diamond again in February!
Photos from Jamboree Day
 |
| Crazy early morning but this ray of sunshine was so excited to be in a parade! |
 |
| With my favorite Wildcat and favorite honorary Wildcat. |
 |
| Getting our final war paint on! |
 |
| War Whiskers! |
 |
| I'm not sure whose idea it was, but we tied balloons to their belts so we wouldn't lose the 5 year olds among the several hundred other baseball players. Genius. |
 |
| Almost parade time! |
 |
| Waiting for Kenley's team to reach our area on the parade route. |
 |
| There they are! Cutest paraders around! Plus their pre-game jams playing. |
 |
| I ran across the parade to get this shot of Kenley. |
 |
| Snacks before opening ceremony. |
 |
| The sweetest little giggle girls. I have no idea what about. |
 |
| Base running competition! She didn't win but she skipped wonderfully! |
 |
| He often sat in a ton of traffic, but this awesome dad made it to every game! |
 |
| E is obsessed with the big kids. Luckily, for her, they are also obsessed with E. |
 |
| Waiting for the competition results. |
 |
| Trophy time with the best coaches in town! |
 |
| We did it! T-Ball for the win! |
 |
| There are no places in t-ball but in my opinion, these Wildcats totally won first! |
 |
| Final huddle. |
Who run the world? WILDCATS!