Thursday, September 14, 2017

A Love Letter Celebrating Our 10 Year Anniversary



Last month, the forth love of my life and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. 10 years! A decade! The aluminum anniversary! He didn’t get me anything but I probably had a La Croix that day so we’re good.

Oh, who is the fourth love of my life? Los Angeles!

I cannot believe I’ve lived here for a decade, 1/3 of my life. Seems like both yesterday and a lifetime ago that my college professor, Dr. Bernardi, urged me to move here directly following graduation. A little scared and little nervous, but ultimately, I was excited. Los Angeles and I have been through so many fun, exciting, adventurous, and life changing experiences. I fell in love here, had babies here, worked here, made friends here, etc. It’s been a whirlwind Los Angeles, but I love you.

A Love Letter Celebrating Our 10 Year Anniversary

Dearest Los Angeles,

What a decade it has been. You and I have been through so many ups and downs. Moving here and starting a relationship with you was nerve racking. A mountain girl heading to the big city? Nuts. When we moved in together it was before Siri and maps on phones. I got lost in you more times than I can count but you always lead me home. You found me a job almost immediately in the industry I love, you nurtured mine and John’s relationship, and welcomed my babies with open arms. Our family adores you.

I wrote blog about you this past summer titled "23 Reasons LA is the Worst". I hope you know it was written with sarcasm because really, you are the best. You are warm, kind, full of adventures, welcome equality, and real. You have provided my family with numerous opportunities and you really are the city of dreams.

I never imagined raising children with you but now I can never imagine not raising children with you! I hope you know that as much as we miss Lake Tahoe and Reno, we will always come back to you. Here’s to the next 10, 20, 50+ years together!

Love, Us
The Simpsons


Photos from my relationship with Los Angeles


Day Date in La La Land.

Justin Paul from Pasek and Paul. Yes, the one who wrote Dear Evan Hansen and La La Land and won a Tony. No big deal. (this was before they were famous)
Remember when Ed Hardy was a thing?


Being a tourist in my town.

Step Up 2, red carpets, famous.


Clubbin' with my girl Sam...and Hugh Heffner.


Beautiful and important people at Spring Awakening.

When Cory (RIP) and Leah think it's hilarious that you know his warm up. (Before becoming famous, he shot auditions in our office.)

Bend and Snap.

Rent at the Bowl with my BFF.

Watching scary movies in a cemetery.


About to be a Simpson!

Bachelorette Party with my bitches and Mr. Dimples! Who remembers Dimples? They are replacing it with a Whole Foods and I'm super sad about it.

Eloped down the road in Las Vegas!

Baby K born across the street from Disney.

Walt Disney's inspiration for Disneyland - terrifying Carousel in Griffith Park
Famous Henry's. K doesn't eat Tacos though.



Baby E - another one born across from Disney.

Kiddos favorite art installation at LACMA.

Dinner with Jermaine Jackson.

Sprinkle Pool Party!

Shopping at one of LA's best.

Where do you release butterflies? We do it at famous parks.


Pantages date with this babe.

Art. It's where it's at. Cultured Kids.

Commuter kids on the subway.

Entertainment Capital of LA. aka the place we raised our babies.