A couple of weeks ago we knocked another item off of our 2016 Fall Bucket List and headed out to the country with some friends for Underwood Family Farms' Fall Harvest Festival! My city kids did all things country like drive a tractor and go down a combine slide (those things are country right?). I love raising city kids who appreciate art museums and know what craft services is, but I also enjoy taking them to a real farm where they can get dirty and experience a real pumpkin patch as opposed to the city's parking lot "pumpkin patches".
We had a great day, with great friends! Here are some photos from our first round of pumpkin patchin'!
![]() |
| #3kidproblems At least Eleanor is excited to pose for a photo! |
![]() |
| I mean, combine slide! Worth the drive just for this. |
![]() |
| Hay stack climbing. Kids got cut up. Now I understand why farmers wear denim. |
![]() |
| Eleanor's MOST favorite farm animal. |
![]() |
| "I'm going to marry you Elliot." "You're going to BURY me?!" Literal LOL'ing. |
![]() |
| Pumpkin house with my littlest pumpkin. |
![]() |
| Pumpkin squad goals. |
![]() |
| Bumble bee train date! |
![]() |
| My train date. |
![]() |
| HELLO lady scarecrow! |
![]() |
| This little blue eyed carrot monster kills me. |
![]() |
| Tractor cars! |
![]() |
| Even my 2 year old gave it a whirl this year! |
![]() |
| By herself at one point! |
![]() |
| I may need to sign her up for Equestrian lessons. I mean, that face! |
![]() |
| Lunchtime for the farm animals. |
![]() |
| This goat was in heaven. I would love to lay in the shade while someone brushed my hair. |
![]() |
| Piggy brushing love. |
![]() |
| Eleanor was just a tiny bit excited about the ducks. |
![]() |
| Do you think my landlord would let me have a baby duck? |
![]() |
| Bunny booty petting. |
![]() |
| Picking out some pumpkins and gourds on our way out. |
See you next year Underwood!






















